Traveling as a girl may not be easy when we are used to having a hair dryer at home, many kinds of makeup, shampoos and conditioners, hair/face masks and all kind of girly products in the bathroom. Having a 60 liters backpack for 10 months, it is not straightforward what to take along but not a reason to give up on beauty while traveling.
I read some travel blogs before leaving and I saw that many girls toiletry bags were quite basic. I decided to take the most I could and I can say I don’t regret my choice. My toiletry bag weighs no more than a pair of flip-flops and I have all I need in it. Here it’s what it consists of:
- Solid shampoo and conditioner by Lush. They create fantastic fresh handmade natural cosmetics that can be stored in small boxes. I chose solid products such as the Jasmine shampoo and the cacao seed butter conditioner that work perfectly. For Juan, I chose a shampoo with some herbal essence in it as well as a solid soap for the body.
- Repellent plus massage balm (2 in 1) with lemongrass by Lush.
- 2 little traveling bottles where I put some jasmine oil as body cream and nail polish remover. I took 1 nail polish color (orange) as well as a white one.
- Cleansing wipes by Nivea.
- 1 rich hydrating cream UV spf 20 by Avène.
- 1 hair brush.
- 1 apricot lip balm by Déesse.
- Toothbrush and toothpaste.
- 1 small perfume and small accessories.
- 2 eye pens and anti-cerne.
- 1 camping soap from Cocooning Collection that can be used for shaving, showering and washing (laundry). This Swiss brand produces fabulous natural biologic soaps and balms. (Thank you Annie!)
- 1 balm for mosquitoes and after sun balm in small boxes by Cocooning too.
- 1 tiger balm that releases insects bites, muscular aches, pains, cold, headaches and more. Magic!